- You can install the plugin using the auto-install tool from the WordPress back-end.
- To manually install, upload the folder ‘/myeyesareuphere/’ to `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Once the plugin is activated, navigate to your ‘Media Library’.
- Click on the image you want to edit to bring up your ‘Edit Media’ options.
- You should now be able to see extra image editing options, below the ‘Description’ box.
- By clicking ‘Detect faces’ or ‘Add hotspots’ you can now start to edit your image thumbnails.
- If you click the ‘Detect faces’ button, it will center the crop using an average of all the faces it finds.
- Please note this is basic face detection and won’t find everything.
- You can click and create 1 or several hotspots to center the crop of your thumbnails, if ‘Detect faces’ doesn’t work.
- If you’re happy with your ‘Thumb Previews’ hit save, and you’re done. Simple.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens when there are multiple faces or hotspots detected?
This will crop the image to get as many hotspots in the thumbnail as possible, or crop around the center of the hotspots if not.
How do I create a hotspot?
Simply click the Edit hotspots button, which activates the image below so you can start adding your hotspots.
What if I don’t have any faces in my image?
If you don’t have any faces in your image but you do want a focal point, just add a hotspot to the part of the image you don’t want cropping.
I’ve clicked Detect faces and nothing happens?
The Face detection system is only basic and sometimes doesn’t pick up all faces. Just go straight to Edit hotspots.
Are there only two options for editing the image?
Yes. We’ve kept it simple, this is all you’ll need to control your crops.
I’ve clicked on the image I want to edit in Media, but I can’t see what image I’m supposed to edit?
As soon as you click Detect faces or Add hotspots a Face detection image appears. This is the image you edit.
How do I cancel or change what I’ve done?
If you’ve saved something you’re not happy with, then start the editing process again and remove any hotspots that have been created.
How do I report a problem?
Best thing to do is head over to the blog and post a comment. We’ll look into all problems reported.
What do I do if I’m really stuck?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘My Eyes Are Up Here’ in the subject and the following information:
1. What browser and version is this problem occurring with?
2. What WordPress version are you using?
3. What version of My Eyes Are Up Here are you using?
To find out in Chrome and Firefox: it’s ctrl + shift + j
To find out in Internet Explorer: it’s F12 and click on ‘Script’ then ‘Console’)
5. What are the steps you used to produce this problem?